Terms & Conditions
Marketforce Event Registration and Attendance Terms and Conditions
All registrations for delegate places at our events and all attendances at out events are subject to Marketforce’s Event Registration Terms and Conditions as set out below.
- Our Event Registration and Attendance Terms and Conditions apply between the person, firm, company or other entity specified in your booking (“you”) and Marketforce Business Media Limited (registered number 2174487) whose registered office is at 1 St John’s Square, London EC1M 4DH(“Marketforce”) with regard to delegate registrations for the event specified in your booking (“Event”). By submitting your booking to attend the Event (“Your Registration”) you agree to be bound by these terms to the exclusion of all other terms.
- Following receipt of Your Registration Marketforce will send you a confirmation email. You must pay all registration fees specified at time of booking, including applicable taxes, (“the Registration Fee”) to Marketforce in accordance with the Marketforce Business Media Limited Payment Terms and the funds must in any case be received and cleared in full no later than the day before the Event. Marketforce reserves the right to apply the next applicable price tier up to and including the final event price if the invoice payment terms are exceeded. If payment of the Registration Fee is not received in full in cleared funds before the Event, Marketforce may (at its sole discretion) either require such payment as a condition of your entry to the Event or refuse you entry to the Event. Where entry to an Event is refused under this Condition 2, no refunds of any proportion of your fees already paid (if any) will be made and any balance of your fees will remain due and payable.
- Substitute delegates who are employees within your same organisation are acceptable at any time prior to the event. To inform us of a name change, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We regret that we are not able to transfer places between events.
- You may not purchase registrations as an agent for any third party or sell or otherwise transfer your registration to others.
- Delegate places can be shared between different attendees from the same organisation but not within the same conference day.
- Overnight accommodation and travel is not included in the registration fee. However, reduced rates are usually arranged at several local hotels and, if applicable, further details can be found on the delegate information website for the Event.
- All discounts can only be applied at the time of registration and discounts cannot be combined. All discounts are subject to Marketforce’s approval.
- Discounts for group registrations are only valid for the number of delegates specified at time of booking. If a delegate place that forms part of a group booking is cancelled (for any reason), Marketforce may (at its sole discretion) change the fees charged for the remaining places within the group to reflect the number of delegates places that remain within the booking in line with Marketforce’s published prices then in force. Any additional sums payable pursuant to the provisions of this Condition 9 must be paid in line with Condition 2.
- Prices for each Event are correct at the time of publication. Marketforce reserves the right to change the prices at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been invoiced. The applicable sales tax of the country where the event is taking place is also subject to change and you will be charged the applicable sales tax at the time you make your booking.
- You may cancel Your Registration in accordance with this Condition 11. If you cancel your registration 45 days or more before the Event, the Registration Fee will no longer be payable subject to an administration charge equivalent to 25% of the total amount of the Registration Fee plus any applicable sale tax (“the Administration Charge”). In the event of cancellation under this Condition 11, Marketforce shall refund to you the Registration Fee paid (if any) less the Administration Charge. If the sum of the Registration Fee paid falls short of the Administration Charge then the amount of such shortfall shall be payable by you to Marketforce. Marketforce regrets that the full amount of the Registration Fee remains payable in the event of your cancellation 44 days or less before the Event. No cancellations are accepted once anyone within a single or multi registration party has accessed the pre-event networking or partnering facilities. All cancellations must be sent by email to email@example.com, and must be received by Marketforce. Non-payment or non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. You acknowledge that the refund of your Registration Fee in accordance with this Condition 11 is your sole remedy in respect of any cancellation of Your Registration by you and all other liability is expressly excluded. Notwithstanding this Condition 11, lecture and series bookings are non-refundable.
- Where a Force Majeure Event has or may have (in Marketforce’s sole reasonable opinion) an adverse impact on: (i) the ability of Marketforce to hold the Event at the planned venue or on the planned date; or (ii) the Event generally, then Marketforce shall be entitled but not obliged (in its sole discretion) to either: (i) provide alternative facilities or an alternative venue for the Event; and/or (ii) reschedule the Event; or (iii) cancel the Event. Your Registration Fee (whether or not received) shall be applied to any rearranged or rescheduled Event held pursuant to this Condition 12 and you shall not be entitled to object to such rearrangement or rescheduling. If Marketforce cancels the Event pursuant to this Condition 12 and is unable or elects not to rearrange or reschedule the Event, Marketforce shall not be required to refund any Registration Fee paid prior to the date of such cancellation and any unpaid Registration Fee shall remain payable. For the purpose of this Condition 12 “Force Majeure Event” means any event arising that is beyond the reasonable control of Marketforce including (without limitation) speaker or participant cancellation or withdrawal, supplier or contractor failure, venue damage or cancellation, industrial dispute, strike, governmental regulation, legislation or action, military action, war, fire, flood, disaster, health scare, epidemic, civil disturbance, riot or act of terrorism. These terms and conditions shall apply in respect of any rearranged or rescheduled Event organised by Marketforce pursuant to this Condition 12. Marketforce shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage or nuisance you may suffer as a result of any relocation, postponement or cancellation Marketforce may implement pursuant to this Condition 12.
- If, by reason of any Force Majeure Event, Marketforce is delayed in or prevented from performing any of its obligations to you, then such delay or non-performance shall not be deemed to be a breach of the contract between us and no loss or damage shall be claimed by you by reason thereof. Marketforce’s obligations shall be suspended during the period of the delay or non-performance and Marketforce and you shall each use reasonable endeavours to mitigate the effect of the Force Majeure Event. The provisions of this Condition 13 are subject to the provisions of Condition 12.
- Marketforce has the right (at its sole discretion) to change the format, speakers, participants, content, venue, location, facilities and programme or any other aspect of the Event at any time and for any reason, whether or not due to a Force Majeure Event, in each case without liability.
- Marketforce has the right (at its sole discretion) to change the date or cancel an Event at any time for any reason without any liability in excess of the Registration Fee paid. Where Marketforce changes the date of or cancels the Event for any reason except due to a Force Majeure Event (in which case the terms of Condition 12 shall apply) Marketforce shall offer you the option of attending any rearranged Event that Marketforce may (acting in its sole discretion) choose to organise (a “Rearranged Event”). If you promptly notify Marketforce in writing before the date of the Rearranged Event that you do not wish to attend it or if Marketforce elects not to rearrange the Event then you will (as your sole remedy) be entitled, at your discretion, to receive either a credit note or a refund in respect of your Registration Fee received by Marketforce.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, Marketforce excludes: (a) all liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property at the Event; (b) all indemnities, warranties, representations, terms and conditions (whether express or implied); and (c) all liability for any actual or alleged indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect). If Marketforce is liable to you for any reason, Marketforce’s total liability to you in relation to the Event (whether under these terms or conditions or otherwise) is limited to the amount of your Registration Fee received by Marketforce.
- You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of conditions 12 and 15 set out your sole remedy should the Event date or location be changed or the Event be cancelled and all other liability of Marketforce is expressly excluded. We advise you to take out appropriate insurance to cover any losses that you may incur and you acknowledge that we have advised you to do so.
- Marketforce may (at its sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from the Event, any person in its absolute discretion, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in the reasonable opinion of Marketforce represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by Marketforce or the venue manager or owners at the Event.
- All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material, data or information at the Event is expressly prohibited. You consent to filming and sound recording and photography of the Event as a delegate and you consent to the use by Marketforce of any such recording or photography anywhere in the world for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
- All personal data is gathered, held and processed in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (“PECR”), the Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Act”) and the EU Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679), also commonly referred to as “GDPR”. For more information about how Marketforce uses your personal data please see our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
- Marketforce reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. However, you will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time you submit your registration.
- No person other than you and Marketforce shall have the right to enforce these terms and conditions between us without the prior written agreement of you and Marketforce.
- Marketforce reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse to accept or to cancel your registration at any time, upon which cancellation all fees paid will be refunded and no further fees will be payable.
- These terms and conditions and the agreement between us are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Nothing in this Condition 24 shall prevent or restrict Company from pursuing any action against you in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Marketforce Business Media Limited Payment Terms
Payment is required within 30 days of the date of the invoice. Payment for event registrations must in any case be made prior to attendance.
Methods of Payment
Payments are accepted in Sterling, Euros and US Dollars.
We accept payment by credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Amex).
Cheques must be drawn on a UK bank account with a UK sort code and should be made payable to Marketforce Business Media Ltd and sent to Credit Control, Marketforce Business Media, 1 St John’s Square, London, EC1M 4DH, United Kingdom.
Bank transfers in Sterling should be made to Lloyds TSB plc, sort code 30-97-81, account number 00894664, IBAN: GB39LOYD30978100894664, BIC LOYDGB21034. Payments made in this way should also carry the conference name and your company name as reference.
Bank transfers in Euros should be made to Lloyds TSB plc, sort code 30-97-81, account number 88061150, BIC: LOYDGB21034, IBAN: GB09LOYD30978188061150. Payments made in this way should also carry the conference name and your company name as reference.
Bank transfers in Dollars should be made to Lloyds Bank plc, sort code 30-97-81, account number 11588125, BIC: LOYDGB21034, IBAN: GB02LOYD30978111588125. Payments made in this way should also carry the conference name and your company name as reference.